Avalon by the Numbers
THE EVENT: CANADIAN CULINARY CHAMPIONSHIP GOLD MEDAL PLATES
- 3-day event.
- 208 crates.
- 63 glass racks.
- 18 cutlery bins.
- 2,400 sq. ft of tenting held down by 9,000lbs of concrete blocks!
- These tents were surrounded by 280ft of walls, heated by four large heaters using 800lbs of propane, and lit by 480ft of string lights.
- 11 chefs prepared meals using 24 chafing dishes, 50 baking sheets and 44 butane stoves.
- Guests dined at 100 cocktail tables using 1,900 bowls, 7,900 plates, 5,100 forks, 2,500 spoons, 1,320 glasses.
- Behind the scenes, we had a team of 10 to prepare, deliver, set up and clean the rental items...
- Taking over 50 hours to complete from start to finish.
THE EVENT: CENTER OF GRAVITY
JULY 2018, KELOWNA CITY PARK
- Over 35 tents - used for vendors, ticket booths, security, green rooms for performers, and beer gardens - ranging from 100 sq. ft to 800 sq. ft, for a total of 7,000 sq. ft of tents up.
- 800ft of walls.
- Stakes cannot be used, so we will use over 70,000 lbs of weights to hold down the tents.
- 2-5 tons of gear.
- 1 day to put it up, 1 day to take it down.
- 160 man hours.
- 135 tables.
- 400+ chairs.
- 10 bars.
- 10 huge coolers.
- 20 fans.
- 1 crazy weekend of fun, sport and music.
THE EVENT: THE IPE
AUG 29-SEPT 2 2018, ARMSTRONG
- 4 days up, 5-day show, 4 days down.
- Over 60 tents - used for food vendors, changing rooms, grandstand coverage, food court, and dance hall - ranging from 100 sq. ft to 7200 sq. ft, for a total of over 31,000 sq. ft of tenting up.
- 24 tents over the grandstands, over 20’ in the air – using a boom truck for 3 full days to get them up!
- Over 2,000ft of tent walls hung
- Over 1,050 42” tent stakes pounded in to the ground by hand with a 20lb sledge hammer equalling countless blisters.
- Over 2,500 individual tents parts used.
- 5 5-ton trucks of gear.
- 2 3-stall washroom trailers.
- Over 500 man hours to put it up and take it down.
- 1000s of gallons of water consumed, 1000s of gallons of sweat.
- And then when it’s all done… 60,000 sq. ft of tenting and 16,000 sq. ft of walls need to be washed and dried... which is done by hand! But it's all so very worth if for the...
- 115,000 happy attendees!