Work With Us
Avalon Rentals is a terrific place to work. We strive to provide an enviroment that is fun to work in every single day, and we are looking for motivated, hard-working individuals who want to become part of our team.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The individual under the direction of the site supervisor and along with other team members is responsible for the timely and safe installation of event tenting and the timely delivery and set up of event rental items and equipment. The individual will load with warehouse support, delivery vehicles, deliver to and unload tenting and related rental equipment at the customer’s location. The individual will then return to the customer’s site, disassemble the tenting, remove the rental equipment and return it to Avalon’s warehouse.
Actual Job Responsibilities include:
Pull and load tent and related equipment with warehouse support:
- Receiver order and load list
- Decipher load list and pull necessary equipment for the job
- Check equipment off list as it is loaded and load the equipment in the proper order for delivery
- Secure the load for safety
- Deliver to, greet and assist customers with loading and unloading of the rental equipment. Make sure the customer understands proper usage and safety features of the rental equipment.
- Assemble various tents as per manufacturers and Avalon’s safety procedures:
- Lay out tent drop cloth in area of the tent to protect the top.
- Coordinate with the tenting supervisor on layout.
- Set up tent and rental equipment as per directions and site map.
- Secure the tent and inspect for proper assembly.
- Complete and return paperwork to office.
- Load the truck properly at the rental site and return the equipment to the warehouse
- Work with warehouse supervisor to ensure the truck is unloaded properly and that rental items are returned to inventory.
- Report any damages or shortages
- Work under the direction of the site or warehouse supervisor in the cleaning and repair of tenting and other rental equipment such as chairs and tables.
- Assists in implementing, sustaining and developing quality process improvements that focus on delivery and site up of event sites and customer service.
- Attends company meetings and training as required.
- As this is a small family owned business the individual may be asked to fill in other areas such as warehouse work, cleaning and or anywhere else as required.
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic personality
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to successfully engage all levels of the customer base
- The ability to be part of a team and maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- High school diploma
- Valid drivers license required and the ability to drive delivery trucks (1 to 5 ton cube vans)
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. and must have full range of motion and dexterity.
The individual must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be outdoors in various conditions which vary from day to day. The job requires constant interaction with the public. The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from a strength requirements and the stamina required. The position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, and propane and cleaning solvents.
To apply, please email our Kelowna or Vernon offices and attach a resume and cover letter.